Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (New International Version)

16 "Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

These verses help me remember that God wants me to be joyful, prayerful, and thankful. When I was thinking about these verses it became clear to me that God wants me to be "full". In, other words, if I am aware of His will I should be able to be "full". No need to worry about how I will be filled.

I really like the idea of allowing God to fill me up and not having to be filled with food. I do not have to search for the perfect cheesburger or the most delicious cheesecake to fill me up. I just have to concentrate on the blessings of God in my life and remember the power of Jesus Christ. What more could I possibly need.

1 overflowing cup of genuine joy
24 hours of prayer
1 heaping abundance of thanks

Mix all these together and indulge.

This recipe will keep you "full" and focused on God's will. It will see you through the good times and the rough spots on our journey.

My prayer for you today is that you will allow Him to fill you and not look to the world or the grocery store to do that for you.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment