Sunday, January 31, 2010

Psalm 62:5-6 (New Living Translation)

5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.

Wait. Wait quietly. With all that I am. This can be very hard to do. I don't know about you but I am guilty of wanting quick results. I want to see pounds drop after every workout or walk. I want to place all my hope in my "diet" and my training. I want it all and I want it now!

God's word tells us to just wait quietly with all our power and remember He is our hope. He is much more reliable than any diet or workout. He is the ultimate personal trainer. Hope from Him is a faithful hope. A hope worth having. A hope that will not disappoint.

Hope in Him is also solid. Solid like a rock. Not a hope built on sand or mud but built on bedrock. A hope with something to hold it in place. A hope that will stand the bumps and detours of our journey. A hope that will stand.

Allow Him to be your hope and the journey will not seem so long or scary.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment