Friday, January 22, 2010

"Psalm 141:8 (New Living Translation)

8 I look to you for help, O Sovereign Lord.
You are my refuge; don’t let them kill me."

This morning I have storms fresh on my mind. Last night we had a thunderstorm or two. They were not bad storms but they could have been. When I think of storms I think of the possibility of severe weather. If a really bad storms is approaching it may be necessary to take shelter.

For many of us a bad storm is approaching as we continue on our Biggest Loser journey. That storm could come in the form of temptation or pain from exercise. It could be in the form of new excuses to miss our workout or the lie of being able to eat just one Oreo or Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Whatever form it takes let Jesus be the shelter for you. He is able to protect you. He WILL help you. Look to Him. He won't let you down.

Declare loudly that He is your refuge!

I also like what the last part of this verse says about not letting them kill me. I am sure the psalmist was writing about people. However, I also believe this could refer to bad habits, fat grams, unhealthy food choices, and temptations. Whatever it may be that could kill us or harm us. Identify that thing in your life and seek refuge from that thing in the sheltering love of Jesus. It is the safest place to be in any storm.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment