Saturday, January 23, 2010

John 8:36 (New International Version)
36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

"My chains are gone,
I've been set free.
My God, my savior
Has ransomed me."

Those lines from a beautiful song by Chris Tomlin say it all. Because of Jesus, by His power and His love, I am free! I do not have be be a slave to my old nature. Let me restate that--- I am not a slave to my old nature. He broke the chains!

I have trouble remembering that some days. There are times when my old nature rears its ugly head and tries to make me believe it still owns me. It wants me to give in to temptations for its pleasure. That old nature wants control. Sometimes, I allow it to have that control.

When I realize I have picked up the chains again there is an immediate sense of defeat. In that moment I feel like a complete failure and a slave again. It is a feeling I do not like. But, it is also a feeling I do not have to experience. I just have to lean on His grace.

His grace set me free! His grace rescued me! His grace is amazing to me!
His grace is all I need!!

Today, let us each thank Jesus for His grace. Grace that broke the chains. Grace that is strong enough and sweet enough to keep the chains from being replaced. That grace is amazing. That grace is free. That grace is for you and me.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment