Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ephesians 6:10 (New Living Translation)

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Are you feeling weak? Are you finding it difficult to stay focused? Is it becoming more and more of a challenge to do that workout? Is that certain trigger food calling your name? Are you ready to quit this journey?

I ask those questions because I am very familiar with those situations. I face those same weaknesses daily. I find that I struggle with the strength to continue traveling toward a healthier me. I find it easier and easier to come up with an excuse to stumble on my journey.

The temptations around me can be very strong. The call of the recliner can be very powerful. "Little Debbie" wants a reconciliation. Unhealthy me is easier to be. There are so many signs of my weakness. I would venture to say that this is true for most of us.

Where can we find the strength to overcome these situations?

The source of that strength is Jesus! He is able to resist temptation for us. He is able to call louder to us than the recliner. He has the strength we need to do that workout. We do not need to depend on our own power. We can be strong in Jesus!

Thank Jesus today for the power He provides. Thank Him for the strength to stand. Thank Him for his mighty power. Thank Him for His love and grace. Just thank Him!

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment