Monday, January 25, 2010

Read Psalm 23

Our Biggest Loser journey continues. We just made it through a weekend. Those are always difficult. It seems like the weekend is just made for messing up when it comes to a newly started, healthier living plan. Some of us struggle on weekends and allow our guard to drop. Some of us just choose to allow our resolve to relax. Some may even go completely off plan over the weekend.

Now, if you are one who has weekends like that then Monday mornings can be very difficult. It is hard to get back on track when you stray. It can be a real battle to get focused on your plan. I know. I've been there.

I have foud that God knew we would have these struggles. He knew we would need encouragement. He took care of it for us long ago.

His way was to provide a Psalm for the ages. It is probably the most well known passage of scripture. It is what I call my "go to" scripture.

I love to read this Psalm. It reminds me that He is on this journey with me. It reminds me that I am safe with my shepherd. There is a comfort in knowing that I am protected. That protection helps me have the courage to continue.

It is in this Psalm that we are also reminded that whatever valley we walk through we do not walk alone. A nice reminder that we are not on this journey to better health by ourselves. Please allow this Psalm to minister to you today as you continue on our journey.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment