Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Psalm 116:1-2 (New Living Translation)

Psalm 116
1 I love the Lord because he hears my voice
and my prayer for mercy.
2 Because he bends down to listen,
I will pray as long as I have breath!

This morning I return with a renewed purpose. After much crying out on my part I feel the Lord has listened. I believe I have listened also. I also believe others have done much praying on my behalf. I am so very thankful for that.

For each of us the journey can become very difficult. For each of us it may seem impossible to take another step in our walking or running. It may seem like we can not do one more rep in our strength training. We cannot muster the energy for one more kick in our cardio. We just want to give up.

It is when we reach this point that we must remember that God will hear us when we call. When we beg Him for mercy He listens. I read this verse as saying He does what is necessary to hear us. It says He bends down to listen. Apparently He really wants to hear what we have to say. Then He not only hears but He listens. He has mercy on us.

Prayer has much power. Power that comes from the one who listens and hears. Power from God Himself, the source of our strength and power. Thank you God for hearing our prayers!

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment