Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2a Therefore we will not fear

Fear? On the journey to better health? Oh yeah. There are many things to fear on the journey. There are many reasons why we would need a refuge. Also many reasons why we would need to take refuge with God.

The fears can be very personal but they are also common to all of us on the journey. Fear of giving up a favorite food item. Fear of change. Fear of failure. We have been comfortable in our lifestyles and we are scared of releasing the bad habits. We can be afraid of never remembering the overflow of information concerning a healthy lifestyle.

All of our fears can come together and overwhelm us. Those fears can cause us to want to give up. We may handle our fear by walking away from it. We just give up because we are afraid of failing.

It is in these times of fear that we must turn to God. We must allow Him to handle our fears. We must take refuge in Him. With Him the storms can be calmed. With Him the storms can be withstood. With Him we have the help we need.

I cannot imagine trying to make this journey on my own. I know my fear of this journey would be paralyzing if I did not have God with me. I hope and pray you will remember He is there for you also.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment