Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Romans 7:18-19 (New Living Translation)

18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.

We know the right thing to do. We know the right way to eat. At least, we ought to by now. We have sat through several speakers providing us with information on exercise and diet. We are getting the idea when it comes to portion sizes. We are learning that just watching exercise videos is not enough.

But........

Knowing the right way is often not quite enough.

We have the desire to do the right thing. We want to get back to a healthy body living a healthy lifestyle. We do not lack the desire to make the necessary changes.

But........

Having the desire is often not quite enough.

We know the right things. We know what we need to do. We want to do just that. But we just don't do it. We fail to do what we need or know to do. We fall victim to our sinful nature.

On our own we cannot do the right thing. On our own we cannot make the right choices. We need guidance. We need direction. We need God. With Him we can succeed at those things we must do to make our journey. Alone we will fail.

Overcome the failures of the past by allowing God to lead you along on this journey. He will not let you down.

Peace and Grace,
Don
John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment